Sunday, October 12, 2008

Drinking

lets be honest; we have drunk some sort of alcoholic drink once in our life; or will be as soon as you're legal or something.

either beer; or some mixed cocktail drink or some "alcopops" (premixed drinks with weak alcohol constitution), wine or even hard drinks, mixed or neat.

i've tried em all... and i gotta say; i dont like drinking.

i hate the taste of Beer; especially Vicoria Bitter. ugh!
i hate that "Elevate" crap (energy and alcohol mix drink)
Vodka Cruisers arent that bad
Some Hard Liquor arent bad either. Rum and coke tastes pretty good.
I dont like wine...

i myself cant hold my alcohol; i've been told i have this thing where i dont have enough enzymes in my stomach to breakdown the alcohol and it just sits there... i get a splitting headache and later on i get drowzy and pass out and much later i violently throw it all up along with whatever i ate that night. not a pretty sight.


but i can see why people like to drink;
alcohol is a social drink, people drink it to fit in with people and such; nobody drinks beer cos they're thirsty... that's stupid.

the thing is i dont see why people like getting drunk. Getting Plastered, off your face, Sh*t faced and other terms that coincide with the throbbing headache; loss of inhibition, loss of balance, slurring of speech and pretty much making a complete Ass out of one's self.

and then afterwards if you end up drinking too much; you throw up everywhere, and the next morning you have the Biggest Headache known to mankind and no amount of Painblockers could help to relieve it.

nothing good comes out of drinking...
unless you're sober enough to actually enjoy the company, or if your sober enough to watch the first Drunk guy from your group to make an ass of himself.

i guess what i'm trying to say is:

Drink Responsibly, cos i wont be responsible for your ass.

10 comments:

Mamas Secret said...

YOUR SO RIGHT!!!!
i hate drinking toooo,
drink responsibly

Steven T. said...

It's cool how you bring this up, cuz me and my friends were just talking about this last night.
i've only drank where it's legal (i still have half a year to go till i'm 21).
but you're right, i hate the taste of beer too, but vodka, liqueur and the stronger stuff i'm more prone to like just cuz over summer i found out i have a really high tolerance for alcohol.
but i've never gotten drunk and i've never had a hang-over either, so YES - Drink Responsibly! :]

hooby said...

alcoholic beverages just smell gross.. and i don't want to end up making a fool out of myself AND getting sick .. i don't think even when i turn 21 that i'll really drink .. i don't like headaches or throwing up or losing control of myself
haha i probably wouldn't have a high tolerance for it either >.> unlike steven lol

Sophie said...

ahhh my DAD brought this up and i'm like "dude...1), you think i'm gonna drink? i hate the taste ahaha and 2) people my age and younger are drinking o.o"

Judy said...

drinking is all hype.
don't be a cool kid and get drunk.

drink responsibly.
like me!

LOL

Harry said...

Thats right mate

but i have to say.. i LOVE i nice cold XXXX on a hot afternoon.

i hate it when people drink in my house. i seem to drink the same amount as others but im always the one whos cleaning up the mess, grabbing buckets or ehatever. its gross.

i think people need to learn their limits and stick to them

by the way great post mate totally agreed.

liagiba. said...

That's why I'm never going to drink at all. I just hate the bitter taste of beer or anything alcoholic. Drink responsibly!

diemwitt said...

THANK YOU RALPHIE FOR READING MY MIND!
ive been having trouble with friends lately about this. they're not even legal and they go to clubs and drink. one of my girl friends gets so drunk guys hit on her and she cries every single time. im starting to distance myself and its sad..because its my senior year and i dont want to remember them like this. i hate the taste of alcohol and the smell of ciggs. blechhh.

Anonymous said...

I don't drink, period. Lol, goody-two-shoes I am. Wise advice sir!

Murdoc said...

even though this comment is waaay late I have to agree with you, I don't see the point of getting drunk. I also hate the taste of beer, so gross! I'm more into the hard liquor since some of it taste pretty good and I have a high tolerance for alcohol but I never drink to get drunk. Like you said its more of a social thing and thats what I like to keep it at.