Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back in Melbourne

so yeah; i woke up today at 5.
and i just chucked some pants on and re-organized my stuff before we had to go.

while waiting for Leah's older Bro to get ready, she and i had a little talk, reminisced on what happened during the week and did some heavy duty hugging.

just before i walked out of the house i quickly slipped a letter to leah (that i wrote the night before) in between her laptop. so she'd def. find it when she got back home.

so at the airport i got my boarding pass and got inline for the security check; we said our goodbyes as i got lost in the winding maze of airport security.

so the procedure was; i got all the crap i had around my neck, and in my pockets on a tray. i also had to take my lappy outta my bag and put it on a tray aswell. then my Bag and then the gift that Leah's mum gave me to give my 'Rents.

did i mention that she gave me (by me i mean my family) 3 boxes of Lindt chocolates o.o
as a gift?

i cleared the metal detector with my pants still up, i took my stuff and as i was walking towards the stairs, this security guy stops me and tells me that he needs to do another security check.

he then starts wiping my had with this thing that looked like the child of a lint picker and a metal detector. after he wiped my hands, he took of the small piece of cloth that touched my hands and put it in this small machine.
i had a glance at the piece of paper that was on the table - this check was actually to check for gunpowder residue. They were prob. thinking that the chockies was a bomb... noobs.

anyway, the guy swiped my hands, clothes, bag and the gift itself before calling for his mate to triple check in the xray machine.

i eventually got to go to my gate and i fortunately got there in time (10 mins to boarding time). went in and had to go all the way down the back; it was ok.

the plane took off and i thought i might order some food while the flight was going... i ended up falling asleep (uncomfortably mind you) until we actually touched down in Melbourne.

Dad was already at the Arrivals gate but my bag wasnt.
it eventually went around the conveyor and went to me.

*My eyes are so heavy right now... i wanna go to sleep*

so anyway on the dive home i told my Dad about some of the stuff i did while in Syd.
and how i wished i couldve been there for longer :P

anyway; i'm really tired. i've gotten used to sleeping quite early now.

gnight guys, love you all.

3 comments:

hahamysocks said...

i saw your pics on fb.
it seems like you had a blast!

dude, you need to come to the states T_T

weirdlife21486 said...

lol glad to hear you made it back in one piece lol^_^

leah said...

"heavy duty hugging" LMAO that sounds wrong hahaha sorry the chocolates gave u a hard time >< and sorry for the tour guide fail too =.=