Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zombicorns

Dear John,

In light of the recent release of your Zombie Novella - i would like to say that you're AWESOME. Thank you for letting it be released. 
 
Even though you said that it's terribly written; I found it difficult if not impossible to stop until I had read every last word. I'm no literary scholar but I likes what i likes and i definitely likes this.


I can't imagine how the story would have panned out if it had gone though the editing process that your previous novels had. But I'm sure it would be a completely different story if it had.

To anyone who hasn't read it yet, I don't want to show any spoilers here but I love how you address the subject of humanity and what it is to be human in the light of a Zombie Apocalypse.
i mean it HAS been done before - but not in the mindset of a teenager (well, it's the first one I've read).

By the way, that Cogito Ergo Sum joke made me giggle.

I like the way you drag out the key information about the protagonist and only reveal them bit by bit.


Anyway - i'm rambling here, and this was only meant to be a letter of appreciation, not a book report. it's 1:32am here in Melbourne, Australia and i have church tomorrow (or in 8 hrs); i could have written this letter later but my thoughts for this book would have faded by then.


Thank you again, keep writing and DFTBA.


Yours truly,


Ralph Lim
(aka Cellmate89 on YouTube - blatant advertising? i think so)


P.S.
wouldn't it be great if this was made into a short film or something?


-------------------------------------


to those who haven't read the Novella yet, you can download it for free here:
http://dft.ba/-zomgzs

tell me what you think! 



No comments: